Is CASUS the service I need?

Knowing you need help is a big first step to make, and at CASUS we want to make it simple to find the support you need. If you're under 18 years old, living in Cambridgeshire (but not Peterborough) and you've been using alcohol or drugs - all legal, prescribed and over-the-counter medication as well as illegal substances and solvents/volatile substances - we can help you cut down or stop entirely.  

We don't offer help for stopping smoking cigarettes. For support with tobacco use please contact your GP or visit

How to self-refer

A self-referral is when a young person, or their parent / carer, makes the referral. The best way to do this is by calling the team directly on 01480 445316, and speaking to us. Alternatively, you can email us your details and we can call you back.

For an idea of the questions we will ask over the phone, take a look at our referral form (link below).

Ask a professional to refer

If you have a professional you meet with on a regular basis - for example, school nurse or counsellor, GP, social worker, family worker, young people's worker - you can ask them to make the referral. They will complete the referral form on your behalf and send it to us.

Consent to a referral

Sometimes, a professional you meet with regularly may be worried about you, and decide to make the referral without you asking them to. In this instance, it's vital that they ask if you consent to this happening. We don't accept referrals when the young person doesn't agree to seeing us.

The page was last updated on 10 September 2018 by andrea.bateman.


Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
Elizabeth House, Fulbourn Hospital
Cambridge, CB21 5EF

T 01223 219400 (open 8:30am to 5pm)
F 01480 398501

IIP-logo-reversed Mindful-employer NHS-Employers-web Triangle-of-Care-member Twitter Logo Youtube Logo Facebook Logo Instagram Logo Wordpress Logo