We accept referrals from health professionals for individuals who have a GP within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.

Accessing the service

We accept referrals for individuals with a GP within the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough locality. If you are moving into the area we would ask that you register with a GP in the area as soon as possible. In the interim we would consider a referral from a GP or specialist service outside of the area.

Unfortunately we do not accept self-referrals. If you have concerns that you may be struggling with an eating disorder we would recommend that you visit your GP to talk through the difficulties you are facing. They are likely to ask some questions about your eating patterns, body image and any other strategies that you may use to control your weight and shape (e.g. purging). They will also want to check your physical health which may involve taking your weight, pulse and blood pressure. A blood test is also a good measure of how well your body is coping with weight loss and/or purging. You can discuss a referral to our service with your GP. If they feel that you meet our referral criteria they will make a referral. If we feel that we can offer you an assessment we will write to you inviting you to telephone in and book an assessment. 


The page was last updated on 20 March 2018 by andrea.bateman.


Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
Elizabeth House, Fulbourn Hospital
Cambridge, CB21 5EF

T 01223 219400 (open 8:30am to 5pm)
F 01480 398501

IIP-logo-reversed Mindful-employer NHS-Employers-web Triangle-of-Care-member Twitter Logo Youtube Logo Facebook Logo Instagram Logo Wordpress Logo