How our service can help you
Mulberry 3 is a 16-bed treatment and acute recovery ward.
You may be admitted to Mulberry 3 if the doctor on Mulberry 2 feels you need a longer time in hospital to prepare you for returning home. A stay on Mulberry 3 would usually be for up to 3 months, although this may occasionally be a longer or shorter time.
You will keep the consultant from your previous ward and the team will work with you to identify your goals for recovery.
Our mission is to advocate, validate and empower those in our care to become the expert of their own recovery.Whatever you need, Mulberry 3 is here to support you and we promise to:
- Listen to you, respect you and treat you with dignity at all times
- Recognise that you play an important role in your recovery and that you are the expert of your journey
- Respond promptly to your concerns and questions
- Support you and sign post you to other agencies who can provide independent support and advice
- To maintain effective communication.
Contact the service
T: 01223 219506 or 01223 219614
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Mon to Fri 6pm - 8:30pm and weekends 10am-8:30pm. Visits outside of these hours should be pre-arranged by contacting the team
All referrals are triaged by the Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment Team
Where to park and are there parking charges?
Free parking is available throughout the hospital site
Is there access and support for patients and visitors with a disability?
Yes, our clinical bases are accessible. Please ring the team before your appointment to discuss any requirements.
How to cancel your appointment
Please call the team to cancel your appointment.
Other essential information
- Part of CPFTs 3-3-3 pathway primary nursing model person-centred approach. The ward-based programme of activities is led by a therapy team and a multi-disciplinary team of staff work with service users, carers and families to help them regain control of their lives and make positive changes to improve quality of life. After-care plans are discussed with service users and is prior to discharge. Follow-up with the community team, as appropriate, arranged before discharge. We have a passion for proactive care to reduce restrictive interventions.