Welcome to the Voluntary Services
Volunteers are recruited from the communities we serve including people who are retired, students, employed and unemployed. Volunteering presents many opportunities for people to use and enhance their skills or share their knowledge, develop a sense of purpose or increase their self-confidence, and it offers opportunities to learn and gain experience in many areas of CPFT.
CPFT understand that volunteers play a vital role in supporting CPFT services, staff and patients. Through giving their time, volunteers make a huge difference to the care of our patients across our Trust, and significantly contribute to the efforts of Head to Toe Charity.
Why volunteer for us?
Volunteering with us brings a range of benefits, including:
- New skills and experience to boost your CV and make you stand out from the crowd
- Giving something back to the local community
- Increased confidence and improved self-esteem
- Opportunities to contribute to the vital work of the NHS
- The chance to meet new people from diverse backgrounds, have fun and extend your network
- Develop personal and social skills
- Flexible opportunities that can fit around your routine
- Access to a wide range of NHS e-learning courses
- Access to career development support, including coaching
- Opportunities to celebrate the contribution volunteers make to the Trust
- Regular updates by email and a monthly volunteer newsletter
- Annual flu vaccination
- NHS staff discounts
The Voluntary Services Team provide dedicated support to our CPFT and Head to Toe volunteers. It will manage your recruitment process and will support you throughout your time in your role.
As a patient, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support.