CPFT Complaints Service


The Complaints Team provides a service for people who wish to make a formal complaint about the services provided by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT). The services provided by CPFT include mental health, learning disability, social care and community services for adult and older people, child and adolescent mental health services across Cambridgeshire, and children's community services in Peterborough.

CPFT encourages feedback and complaints about the services we provide. It is important for CPFT to learn from complaints and make any necessary changes to improve the quality of our services.

Making a complaint

If you wish to make a complaint about the care or treatment provided to you or someone you know, please do not hesitate to contact our Complaints Team or the Trust's Chief Executive. If your concerns need to be resolved immediately, please contact the team directly or get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service. Further information about this service can be found through this link

A leaflet about how to make a complaint can be found at the bottom of this page. The Complaints, Concerns and Compliments Policy can be found through this link.

Contacting the complaints team

Contact the team by completing this form.

Alternatively, you can call the team on freephone 0800 052 1411 or email palsandcomplaints@cpft.nhs.uk to leave your name, number and a short message. 

Or by post to:

Complaints Team
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
Elizabeth House
Fulbourn Hospital
CB21 5EF

Scott Haldane
Interim Chief Executive
E scott.haldane@cpft.nhs.uk

The team will get back to you as soon as they can, however this may take up to 10 working days. We will update individual complainants as the situation develops. 


If you wish to be supported through the complaints process there are various advocacy services that are able to help you.

If you are still unhappy

If you feel that after making your complaint and receiving your response letter your concerns have not been addressed, please contact the Complaints Team who will listen to your concerns and offer further advice.

If you remain unhappy and feel your concerns have not been addressed, you can contact the relevant Ombudsman to investigation your complaint independently.

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
London, SW1P 4QP
T 0845 015 4033

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Coventry, CV4 0EH
T 0300 061 0614

As a patient

As a patient, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support. 

Patient Advice and Liaison service  Contact the Trust