The Research Passport system

Researchers who are employed by a university or charitable organisation need to apply for a 'research passport' to access our site and recruit patients. This allows us to ensure that all research staff are appropriately qualified, trained and vetted before starting work.

The Research and Development office will issue an honorary research contract (HRC) or a letter of access (LoA) to researchers following submission of a successful application. The decision on whether an HRC or LoA is appropriate depends on the nature of the research activity and supporting documentation required by the Trust.

All up to date guidance and research passport application forms can be found on the My Research Project website.

If you have any queries, please contact R& for further advice and guidance.  


As a patient

As a patient, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support. 

Patient Advice and Liaison service  Contact the Trust