Return to Practice Programme
Return to practice for Allied Health Professionals
Welcome to the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust return to practice for Allied Health Professional’s
- Have you previously been registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)?
- Have you been out of practice for more than two years?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to update your skills and knowledge and return to the register?
- Are you unsure what to do next?
Well, look no further!
At CPFT we welcome enquires from professionals who wish to return to practice and who we will endeavour to support in becoming registered with the HCPC again. We have a wide range of clinical and geographical areas available, and we will work with you to find a suitable opportunity to help you on your journey.
As part of the return to practice support you may be able to claim up to £800 from Health Education England (£500 for the clinical experience and £300 towards courses and other learning opportunities)
In order to become registered, you will be required to complete a minimum number of hours to update your clinical skills and knowledge, please see below:
Time out of practice /
Minimum time required to update skills & knowledge
*at least 50% of the hours need to be in practice
Up to 2 years
No requirement needed
2 to 5 years
30 days (210 hours)
Over 5 years
60 days (420 hours)
For further information on returning to practice, and the required eligibility criteria please click on the links below:
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Returning to practice | (hcpc-uk.org)
- Health Education England (HEE) Return to Practice: allied health professionals, healthcare scientists and practising psychologists | Health Education England (hee.nhs.uk)
To register your interest in retuning to practice please click on the link below to complete a form which will then be sent to the Clinical Placements Team, Learning and Organisational Development for review
For additional information and queriies please email: email@example.com
Please note, if you have any fitness/condition to practice issues cited against you by the HCPC you would not be eligible to return to practice.
Return to Practice for Nursing
Return to practice for nursing
Welcome to the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) return to practice programme for nurses.
- Have you previously been registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)?
- Has your NMC registration lapsed and are looking for a supportive environment to return to the NMC register?
- Are you caring and driven, sharing our passion for delivering excellent patient care and can work as part of a team?
- Would you like the opportunity to discuss the opportunities available and your next steps?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
CPFT is a community and mental health Trust with opportunities across all fields of nursing and a wide geographical area.
The return to practice programme, delivered by Anglia Ruskin University, comprises of both theory and practice and the number of practice hours that you will need to complete will depend on how long you have been off the NMC register. This will vary and will be a minimum of 150 hours and the programme will take three to twelve months to complete. During the programme you will either receive £1000 from Health Education England to support you to complete your placement or you can choose our employer led model in which you can apply via our CPFT vacancies page and receive a regular salary whilst training and working within one of our experienced teams.
We will support you to identify an opportunity that works for you and most importantly enables you to return to the NMC register. Once you have re-registered with the NMC, you will be enrolled onto our preceptorship programme to further support your ongoing development.
For further information on the requirements for returning to the register for nurses please see below:
- Register as a nurse or midwife - The Nursing and Midwifery Council (nmc.org.uk)
- Return to practice | Health Education England (hee.nhs.uk)
- The return to nursing practice programme | Health Careers
To register your interest in retuning to practice please click on the link below to complete a form which will then be sent to the Workforce, Education and Development Team for review.
Meet the Team
For additional information and queries please email:
Clinical Placements and Practice Education Lead – Mental Health and SpecialistE: firstname.lastname@example.org