Council of Governors
One of the guiding principles of being a Foundation Trust is that we are accountable to local people. Our elected Council of Governors help shape the way we plan and deliver our integrated community, mental health and learning disability services across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. They consist of members of the public, past and present service users, carers and our staff who hold the Board of Directors to account and formally ratify decisions made by the Board of Directors. They also:
- Tell us about the needs of their local communities and help influence the future of local health services.
- Attend meetings and make decisions on behalf of the members.
- Go to networking events and training sessions to extend their knowledge on mental health, physical health and general wellbeing within the NHS.
- Take part in surveys and consultations on our services to help us shape a better future.
- Support our campaigns to promote good health and fight mental health stigma.
Please see the drop downs on the right hand side of the page for Council of Governor meeting dates and how to become a Governor.