How our service can help you
CAMEO (Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Assessing, Managing and Enhancing Outcomes) is a mental health service for people aged between 14 and 35 years, who are struggling with distressing experiences like hearing voices or feeling paranoid.
We offer two parts to our service, those that may be at high risk of developing a mental health problem such as psychosis and those that may be experiencing their first episode of psychosis.
We provide services across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Huntingdon and the Fens.
What do we offer?
- Psychological therapies
- Medical consultation
- Emotional support
- Practical help with housing and finances
- Support with education and employment
- Physical health assessment with targeted interventions as required.
We also offer family and carer support and work with individuals and their families for up to two years in our At-Risk service and three years in the First Episode service.
We hope to help people get their lives back on track and move forward in whatever ways they consider most important and meaningful.
If you or someone you know is struggling with hearing voices, feeling paranoid or having unusual experiences that can’t be explained and are distressing please get in touch with us. Intervening early can lead to a much better chance of a full recovery.
Contact the service
Please contact us if you’d like to hear more about our service or to make a referral.
CAMEO South (for Cambridgeshire)
Chesterton Medical Centre
35 Union Lane
T: 01223 341510
CAMEO North (for Peterborough, Huntingdon & Fenland)
169 London Road
T: 01733 353 250
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding Bank Holidays
- You can refer yourself
- Your family/friends can refer you
- You can ask your GP/any other supportive professional you see to refer you
- The quickest way is to give us a ring, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. You can leave a message on the answer phone outside of these hours and we’ll call you back
- You can also contact us by e-mail, fax or letter
- We offer informal advice and information
When someone is referred, a member of the CAMEO team will contact them or the referrer to find out more about their symptoms and see what we can do to help.
Where to park and are there parking charges?
CAMEO South: Car park in front of the building or on road where there is no yellow line. No parking charges.
CAMEO North: Car park at front and behind the building or on the road where there are no yellow lines. No parking charges.
Is there access and support for patients and visitors with a disability?
CAMEO South: Yes, there are couple of disabled parking spaces. No parking charges.
CAMEO North: Yes there are a couple of disabled parking spaces. No parking charges.
How to cancel your appointment
Please call the office number to cancel the appointment.