How our service can help you
We provide services at three minor injury units which provide care and treatment for patients whose minor injuries or illness is not severe enough to go to accident and emergency. More details on Minor Injury Units and Urgent Care Centres in the area can be found here.
Conditions that can be treated include:
- Wounds – cuts and bruises (Tetanus immunisation can also be given)
- Bites – human, insect and animal
- Minor burns and scalds
- Muscle and joint injuries – strains, sprains, limb fractures
- Sports injuries
- Minor illness eg. earache, sore throat
- Eye problems - eg, removal of foreign bodies, conjunctivitis etc.
- Earache (patients aged two years and over)
- Cystitis (not children or male patients)
- Minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness)
The staff are not able to provide:
- Repeat prescriptions
- Care for dental problems
- Treatment for long-standing conditions
- Treatment for patients under 2 years old
- Travel vaccinations
- Sick certificates
Contact the service
Princess of Wales Hospital
T: 01353 772500
North Cambs Hospital
T: 01945 468787
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Wisbech 8.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday. Ely Mon-Sun 8:30am-6pm Including BH. No unit is open Christmas Day. Limited visitors access, patients should attend alone where possible.
This is a walk-in service so no appointment is necessary. Patients are generally seen in the order they arrive unless their needs are assessed as being clinically more urgent than other patients who are already waiting.
Where to park and are there parking charges?
Both sites have free parking.
Is there access and support for patients and visitors with a disability?
Both sites have disability parking and access.
Other essential information
- Doddington Minor Injuries Unit is currently closed. COVID-19 restrictions in place on all sites. Each site has a one way system. There is a COVID screener at the door. We ask that patients attend alone where possible unless you are a parent or carer.