How our service can help you
We provide services at three minor injury units which provide care and treatment for patients whose minor injuries or illness is not severe enough to go to accident and emergency. More details on Minor Injury Units and Urgent Care Centres in the area can be found here.
Conditions that can be treated include:
- Wounds – cuts and bruises (Tetanus immunisation can also be given)
- Bites – human, insect and animal
- Minor burns and scalds
- Muscle and joint injuries – strains, sprains, limb fractures
- Sports injuries
- Minor illness - for example, earache, sore throat
- Eye problems
- Simple urine infections
- Minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness)
The staff are not able to provide:
- Repeat prescriptions
- Care for dental problems
- Treatment for long-standing conditions
- Treatment for patients under 2 years old
- Travel vaccinations
- Sick certificates
Contact the service
T: 01354 637078
Opening hours: 8.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday; 9am-5pm weekends and bank holidays (closed on Christmas Day)
Princess of Wales Hospital
T: 01353 772500
Opening hours: 8.30am-6pm, seven days a week, including weekends and bank holidays (closed on Christmas Day)
North Cambs Hospital
T: 01945 468787
Opening hours: 8.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday (closed at weekends and bank holidays, including Christmas Day)
X-ray service hours
Ely: 9am-4.45pm, Monday to Friday;
1pm-4:45pm Sat/Sun/Bank Holidays.
Doddington: 9am-4:45pm, Monday to Friday.
Note: There is currently no ultrasound provision at either as part of the NWAFT service.
X-ray services are proviced by North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. For more details please click here.
This is a walk-in service so no appointment is necessary. Patients are generally seen in the order they arrive unless their needs are assessed as being clinically more urgent than other patients who are already waiting.
Where to park and are there parking charges?
All sites have free parking.
Is there access and support for patients and visitors with a disability?
All sites have disability parking and access.
Other essential information
- Opening hours (no appointment) Doddington - 8.30am-6pm Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm weekends and bank holidays Ely - 8.30am - 6pm all week, including weekends and bank holidays Wisbech - 8.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday (closed at weekends and bank holidays X-ray service hours All sites - Monday to Friday, 9am - 4.45pm Ely - Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays, 1pm - 4.45pm (No X-ray at Doddington or Wisbech at weekends) X-ray services are provided by North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. For more details please click here.