What is the YOUnited referral hub?

YOUnited Referral Hub offers a single referral route for ALL young people in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough aged up to 17 with the YOUnited logo support of a professional. If the young person would like your help in getting support for their mental health, then, with their consent, you can refer them via YOUnited.

YOUnited offers access to a range of support including CAMHS therapies, counselling and guided self-help.

It is a partnership between four organisations. CPFT for Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS),Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust for Children’s Wellbeing Practitioners, Centre 33 and OrmistonFamilies for counselling & guided self-help.

What do we hope to achieve?

  • We want to address confusion about how to navigate the system.
  • We want to add capacity into the system so more children and young people can be supported, with shorter.waiting times and less delays for assessment.
  • We want to include children and young people in the decision-making process.
  • We want to give options to children and young people who have been falling through service gaps.


How does it work?

Referrals can be made to YOUnited by a GP or any professional working with children or young people through the website.

Referrals will be triaged and assessed by specialist staff who collaborate with the children and young peopleand their families on the best pathway for them.

The child or young person will then work with one of the partners to have their needs supported.

Young people aged 18 to 25 can self-refer to Centre 33 here or self-refer to MIND here Good Life Service –Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire Mind (

GPs can also make referrals for mental health assessments to CPFT’s Primary Care Mental Health Service.


Where else can professionals go for advice and guidance about a child's emotional wellbeing?

If you are a professional with concerns about a child or young person’s emotional wellbeing and would like advice prior to, or instead of, making a referral you can contact the Emotional Health and Wellbeing Practitioners at You will be offered a 30-minute appointment to discuss your concerns and the Practitioner will be able to signpost or advise about resources available or next steps to support the child or young person.

Please note: this is for professionals only. The EHWP Team are not able to offer this service to parents.


How can young people get involved?

We want children and young people to have their voices heard in this project. If you are working with a young person who might be interested in becoming part of the advisory group then please see more information here about Our Voices.

As a patient

As a patient, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support. 

Patient Advice and Liaison service  Contact the Trust