Home Treatment Team - child and adolescent services
The CAMHS Home Treatment Team (HTT) is a community focused team that offers help and support for young people aged between 12-18 years old who are experiencing a crisis in their mental health, and can be an addition to your current CAMHS support, or an alternative option to a hospital admission.
- To provide intensive support for you and your family. The frequency of which will be discussed and agreed with you.
- To agree with you, how we can best help support you, and family/carers
- To support your discharge from hospital if you have needed a hospital admission.
What can we offer young people and their family?
- A 365-days-a-year service which is organised and operated around you and your own particular needs (between the hours of 9am-5pm Mon-Fri and when needed at weekends / bank holidays).
- Visit you wherever you feel most comfortable (usually at home)
- Work together with you and your community team.
- Work with you and provide the most appropriate care and support for up to 12-16 weeks, depending on what you need to help you through this time.
How can we help you?
- Firstly we will listen to you
- We can help manage risks that your community team, you, or your family are trying to manage
- We offer a variety of therapies as required; for example, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) to help you with regulating your emotions
- We can help with returning to education, or supporting your current provision
- If needed we can help with family communication / issues
- We can help you find information and share information with you
- We can work with you to find ways to solve problems.
- We have online groups for young people or parents / carers.
- We can help with motivation
- We can help support relapse prevention
- We can help plan how to manage anxieties
- We can help you build your individual resources and skills to support good mental health
Who is in our team?
We all have different specialist skills and knowledge and we try to match these to what you need. All young people are treated as individuals so who and how many of the team you might work with can vary, depending on what you need and want.
- An administrator - runs the office
- A team manager - runs the team
- A consultant psychiatrist - team doctor, works with young people and families
- Clinical psychologists - works with young people and families
- An assistant psychologist - works with young people
- Youth intensive psychological practitioners - work with young people
- Clinical specialist practitioners - work with young people and families
- Senior mental health practitioners - work with young people and families
- Support, time and recovery workers - Work with young people
- A systemic family therapist - works with families and young people
- A social worker –works with families and young people
- A teacher - works with young people and schools
Confidentiality means privacy. It means that the things you discuss with us are private and it stays between you and us so you can feel safe talking to us. On occasions we share information about you if we are concerned about your safety or safety of others. If we can we discuss this with you first, unless it is deemed an immediate and severe risk.
Sometimes we think it would be helpful to get in touch with other people supporting you already like school, GP or social worker. We will discuss this with you and your parents/carers.
What happens after HTT?
We will work with you, your family and your community services to plan any ongoing care and support you may need.
The CAMHS Home Treatment Team is committed to providing the best possible care. We will therefore collect confidential data for each young person we support to improve our service. We will always respect your privacy and confidentiality. We may ask you to complete questionnaires about the service you receive from HTT or you can contact us any time to give us feedback on your experiences. If you have any questions please contact us:
CAMHS Home Treatment Team
T 01223 534422
E firstname.lastname@example.org (administrator)
E email@example.com (team manager)
Download this information
The information above is available in a printable pdf format. Click here to download it: CAMHS HTT leaflet YP 2023 Final Version.pdf 452KB