How our service can help you
Mulberry 2 is a 16-bed assessment and treatment ward. You may be admitted to Mulberry 2 if the doctor on Mulberry 1 feels you need a little bit longer in hospital.
A stay on Mulberry 2 would usually be for up to 3 weeks, although this may occasionally be a longer or shorter time. The ward can help with the following:
- Promote relapse prevention and recovery alongside your identified goals.
- Promote therapeutic relationships based on mutual trust
- Enable service users to realise potential and maximise the opportunity for recovery
- Empower people to use choice, maintain independence and an inclusive lifestyle
- Care in a safe, secure, positive and supportive environment.
Contact the service
T: 01223 219613 or 01223 219614
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Mon to Friday, 6pm-8:30pm and weekends 10am-8:30pm. Visits outside of these hours should be pre-arranged by contacting the team
All referrals are triaged by the Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment Team.
Where to park and are there parking charges?
Free parking available throughout the hospital site
Is there access and support for patients and visitors with a disability?
Yes, our clinical bases are accessible. Please ring the team before your appointment to discuss any requirements.
How to cancel your appointment
Please call the team to cancel your appointment.
Other essential information
- Part of CPFTs 3-3-3 pathway primary nursing model person-centred approach. The ward-based programme of activities is led by a therapy team and a multi-disciplinary team of staff work with service users, carers and families to help them regain control of their lives and make positive changes to improve quality of life. After-care plans are discussed with service users and is prior to discharge. Follow-up with the community team, as appropriate, arranged before discharge. We have a passion for proactive care to reduce restrictive interventions.