How our service can help you
The Hollies is a specialist ten bed unit providing assessment and treatment for adults with learning disabilities.
It provides a single room with ensuite facilities for each patient, and the unit is divided into male and female accommodation. This inpatient unit provides care for adults with a learning disability who have additional complex needs and are at immediate risk to themselves or others of harm, neglect and/or abuse. Additional complex needs may include:
- Mental health conditions, including personality disorder, not responding to interventions in community settings
- Epilepsy affecting everyday living skills and social inclusion
- Challenging behaviours
- Pervasive developmental disorders including autistic spectrum/ADHD disorders, which may be resistant to treatment and related to other bio-psycho-social needs. May require:
- more than one professional and a multi-disciplinary team to meet their needs
- care programme approach continued support
Contact the service
The Cavell Centre
Edith Cavell Healthcare Campus
T: 01733 776058 (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm)
T: 01733 776069 / 01733 776067
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: The Hollies is available 24/7, 365 days per year. Visiting times: Monday to Friday, 6.30pm-8.30pm. Weekends: 10.30am-11.30am, 2.30pm-4.30pm and 6.30pm-8.30pm
The Hollies receives referrals from the following services:
- First Response Service (FRS)
- Liaison Psychiatry
- Community Learning Disability Teams
- Peterborough Intensive Support Team (IST)
Where to park and are there parking charges?
The Cavell Centre has a car park directly outside the hospital. The car parks are managed by North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust and car parking charges apply.
Is there access and support for patients and visitors with a disability?
Yes, our clinical bases are accessible. Please ring the team before your appointment to discuss any requirements.
How to cancel your appointment
To cancel your appointment, please contact the team by telephone.